Scoil Náisiúnta Naomh Micheál � Recent History
- The school was officially opened in 1987 by the Minister for Education Mrs. Mary O’Rourke T.D. It replaced the old school which had been build in 1904. This building now serves as the Upper Glanmire Community Centre and is administered by a very active Community Association. Among those in the photograph are Mr. Pat McCarthy principal, Bishop John Buckley, Education Minister Mary O’Rourke T.D. and Fr. Kerry Murphy-O’Connor c.c. Glanmire.
- The school comprises eight classroom; four upstairs and four downstairs, a general purpose hall surrounded by a series of small offices and ancillary rooms, staffroom and a library. A corridor connects the classroom building to the hall/administration building.
- During the 2013/14 School year the large prefab was replaced by a new building that consists of one large classroom, one smaller classroom, access toilets etc.