Scoil Náisiúnta Naomh Micheál � Recent History
- The school was officially opened in 1987 by the Minister for Education Mrs. Mary O’Rourke T.D. It replaced the old school which had been build in 1904. This building now serves as the Upper Glanmire Community Centre and is administered by a very active Community Association. Among those in the photograph are Mr. Pat McCarthy principal, Bishop John Buckley, Education Minister Mary O’Rourke T.D. and Fr. Kerry Murphy-O’Connor c.c. Glanmire.
- The school comprises eight classroom; four upstairs and four downstairs, a general purpose hall surrounded by a series of small offices and ancillary rooms, staffroom and a library. A corridor connects the classroom building to the hall/administration building.
- A new stand alone building was opened in 2013. This is currently home to a mainstream class and our ASD classroom which opened in 2016.
- A building project is due to commence in the near future to house three mainstream classrooms and our ASD class. This will replace the prefab classrooms.
- In the 2021/22 school year, one class from the school are located in the Upper Glanmire Community Centre, the original school building in Upper Glanmire.