Good morning children (parents). I hope you are all keeping safe at home and adhering to the Department of Health Guidelines😊
Each Friday, I will be uploading a document with the following weeks suggested work. I understand that each family situation is very different, therefore I do not expect all the work to be complete nor do I expect the work to be completed daily within the time frames of a normal school day. The last thing I want to do is to put more stress or pressure on parents during this difficult and unprecedented time.
I urge you to take this as a menu for possible work rather than a requirement. Many parents are still working or looking after loved ones so just do your best.
Please use this time to focus on other curricular areas. Start a project with a loved one, bake, learn a new recipe, do the laundry, sew a button or take up a hobby. I urge you to continue to ask questions and to use this time to learn about something you want to learn about. Above all, be kind, be caring and be considerate. Help those in need and please be patient with your parents and younger siblings. I know this is tough but avoid too much screen time and get out in the fresh air regularly (while adhering to the HSE guidelines).
If you would like to use the digital form of your books you can log into FolensOnline.ie and put in the password Prim20 Folens have given access to all the Folens material using these details.
If you have any questions or would like to email me examples of your work, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org during school hours.
Week 1 (19th – 27th)
|Maths||· Revise multiplication and division tables.
· Complete week 25 Master your Maths activities.
· Extra activities can be found on the website below
· P160 – Frásaí agus Foclóir – Practice these with your siblings or parents.
· P80 – Practice the Eiseamláirí at the top of the page.
· P81 – Read the story daily and answer the questions on Thursday of next week.
· Revise Aimsir Chaite verbs and practice with your parents or siblings.
· Alien Visitors – Read the story.
· Write out and look up the underlined words (Vocab)
· Answer questions A – G in your copybook.
· Chapter 9 – Read the Chapter and write out 8 VIP’s in your copybook.
|Science||· Watch the below video and write down what you learned.|
|Geography||· Research a country of your choice. Project to be completed in the coming weeks.
|Art||· Design a Celtic Cross (St Patricks Day Theme)
|Pe||· One hour a day physical activity minimum. Practice your hurling or camogie skills, walk the dog, cut the grass or help your parents with housework. Upload images of your activities 😊|
- I would also like children to keep a daily diary over the coming weeks.
- Children are also encouraged to read a new book and complete a book review at the end of the month.
Please find below a list of potential online resources I have put together, which may be of use to children and parents over the coming weeks.
- Khan Academy (https://www.khanacademy.org/) – Khan Academy offers free courses of all grade levels to help students master subjects and accelerate their learning. Through these courses, Kahn Academy allows students to personalize their learning and learn at their own pace.
- TEDEd (https://ed.ted.com/) – TEDEd brings lessons to life for students through animation. TEDEd’s goal is to ignite curiosity among learners. To do this, TEDEd collects the best teacher lessons around the world. Then, it turns them into shareable animated videos for students.
- Lumosity (https://www.lumosity.com/en/) – Lumosity offers free brain games to keep student minds actively engaged. For example, the games use problem solving, critical thinking, and memory to keep students on their toes and strengthen their skills.
- BrainPOP (https://www.brainpop.com/) – BrainPOP provides animated interactive lessons, quizzes, and games for core subjects and a variety of electives.
- Mindspark (https://mindspark.in/index.php/) – An adaptive online tutoring system that helps students practice and learn mathematics. The system was shortlisted for the 2018 ICT in Education Prize.
- Twinkl (https://www.twinkl.ie/) – Twinkl Educational Publishing is an online educational publishing house, producing teaching and educational materials.
- Nessy (https://www.nessy.com/) – Nessy has a fun, multisensory approach to learning, using games, videos and worksheets to help build confidence and teach valuable reading, writing and spelling skills. Email to request free 4 week trial
- Nrich (https://nrich.maths.org/) – The Nrich Maths Project Cambridge,England offers Mathematics resources for children, parents and teachers to enrich learning.
- The Kids Should See This (https://thekidshouldseethis.com/) – Educational videos for curious kids of all ages, a free resource for parents & teachers
- Starting on Monday, for the next two weeks, Seomra Ranga will have a quiz for stay-at-home kids to complete. There will be a daily prize of a €20 Book Voucher to be won. It might pass half an hour at home!
Week 2 (March 30th – April 3rd)
- Revise multiplication and division tables.
- Complete week 26 Master your Maths activities including the Friday Test.
- Please use the below website address to revise percentages. Scroll over the section titled ‘percentages’ and create your worksheet by clicking ‘create’. If you find this easy, challenge yourself with another more challenging worksheet.
Gaeilge Abair Liom
- P160 – Frásaí agus Foclóir – Practice these with your siblings or parents.
- P82 – Practice the comhrá daily and attempt part D
- P83 – Read the poem daily
- Continue to revise Aimsir Chaite verbs and practice with your parents or siblings and choose 5 to put into sentences
English Reading Zone
- Revise Alien Visitors – Read the story.
- See attached file below for activities
- Alien Visitors is a story about an elaborate hoax. I want you to research and examine other elaborate hoaxes throughout history e.g. Loch Ness Monster, Big Foot, Yeti, UFOs etc.
- Watch the below video and write or draw about what you learned. (Could design a poster)
- Continue with your research on a country of your choice. Project to be completed in the coming weeks.
- http://www.glucksman.org/exhibitions/creativity-at-home – Creativity at Home provides children and their parents with supported online art activities updated daily – I want you to attempt one activity this week
- One hour a day physical activity minimum. Practice your hurling or camogie skills, walk the dog, cut the grass or help your parents with housework. Upload images of your activities 😊
I would also like children to continue to keep a daily diary. Please share examples with me!
Children are also encouraged to read a new book and complete a book review at the end of the month.