10th May 2018
The school and the Parents Association have worked closely on the issue of safety at the school gates before and after school. We have worked together to create a plan to ensure the safety of the children. You will see overleaf changes to after school supervision and the collection of children at 3pm. These changes will take effect on Monday 14th May.
We strongly encourage that children living within walking distance of the school will walk to and from school. There is also an opportunity for older children to walk from the school and be collected at away from the school entrance.
Due to upcoming building works taking place in the school, our system of morning supervision will also change. You will see details outlined overleaf.
As always, the safety of the children is our priority and we thank you for your support in implementing these changes.
The Board of Management of Scoil Naomh Micheál
The Parents Association of Scoil Naomh Micheál
- Children will line up in the yard above the school.
- Supervision will commence at 9am.
- The school bus will park outside the yard gate and the children will access the yard through this gate at 9am, supervised by the teacher on duty.
- Children will be collected at 9.20am and accompanied to classrooms by teachers.
- On wet days the main door of the school will open at 9am and children will be supervised in the hall.
- At 2.58pm, children travelling by school bus will assemble at the main school door where they will be supervised while walking to the bus.
- At 2.58pm, children walking away from the vicinity of the school will assemble at the side entrance where they will be supervised as they leave the school premises. All children will be provided with a high-vis vest by the school and this will be worn.
- Children are encouraged to walk where possible. Parents will sign a consent letter for children who are walking from the school.
- All other children will be collected from the school gate by an adult. Children will not be allowed to leave the school premises without an adult.
- There will be no option for children to wait outside the school premises to be collected.
- Rang 1&2 will be collected from the gate at the main entrance of the school.
- Rang 3&4 will be collected from the gates at the middle of the school building.
- Rang 5&6 will be collected from the double gate to the left of the school building.